Tuesday, February 12, 2013

January 8, 2013

Hi Dianne,
Okay- here it is !! Finally my response to your galaxy picture. After much debating, I am sending you these two images images as a diptych. I was in the darkroom on the weekend and finally developed the roll of 35mm that I thought would have a picture that was a good response to your last picture. But then I realized it wasn't working for me- too dry or boring or something. Then Sunday morning I woke up at 6:30am with an idea to make cameraless photos in the darkroom to make my own galaxies and subsequently, spent 4 hours  of madness in the darkroom making dozens of photograms. It was fun and something I would never have tried if i wasn't trying to come up with something to respond to your image! In any case, these are photograms (!) Any guesses on how I made them? Mahaaa! I'm pretty stoked on them actually, and now have a hankering to try to use these as negs to make larger versions. I may also try to make some bigger ones in Special Processes. I like the way there is a strange intersection between the images looking like a body part but also nebulous, cosmic etc....
Your turn sista!!
S





No comments:

Post a Comment